Thursday, August 25, 2011

Gruyere Garlic Mashed Potatoes

These were a fun experiment! Garlic mashed potatoes are considered holy food in our house, I wanted to change it up a little and try something fun. I used red potatoes, gruyere cheese, garlic, and a little parsley. The flavors blended really well and the taters turned out divine.

5 yukon gold potatoes
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 tablespoons + ¼ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2/3 cup gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons butter

I diced the potatoes before steaming them, while they were finishing cooking I started the garlic sauce. For the sauce I cooked the garlic in a little oil before added it to the heavy cream, once that heated up I added the cheese. Let the sauce simmer til the cheese is completely melted. Blend the potatoes, butter, and ¼ cup heavy cream, then combine the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment